A healthy Ayurveda breakfast considers the Ayurvedic body type or dosha into account in order to ensure proper digestion. And a healthier way to kick start a day is by having nourishing and balanced breakfast. Oats is a power-packed storehouse of essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals and makes for a perfect breakfast idea to kick start a day. Incorporating other ingredients like protein-filled rava and nutritious vegetables like carrot and beans will add up to its health benefits and ensures that your energy levels soar up.
Oats rava idli is an easy-to-cook delicious recipe that is highly beneficial for people suffering from cholesterol, high blood pressure and heart diseases. The presence of various vital minerals like calcium, iron, phosphorous and magnesium keeps your body healthy and fit.
Follow this recipe to make this delicious and wholesome breakfast which can be had along with some scrumptious sambar and chutney.
Preparation time: 18 min
Serves: 12 idlis
½ cup oats flour
½ cup rava
½ cup curd
¾ cup water
½ teaspoon asafoetida
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
½ teaspoon grated ginger
2 tablespoon finely chopped green chillies
1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
2 tablespoon roughly chopped cashew nuts (optional)
2 teaspoon ghee
Salt, as required
Oil, for greasing
- Mix rava, oats flour, curd and water in a bowl and combine well. Keep this aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add mustard seeds and let it pop. Add cumin seeds and asafetida to it and heat on a medium flame for some time.
- Add ginger, green chillies, coriander and cashew nuts to it. Combine this with the prepared oats rava batter and mix well.
- Add salt to the batter just before steaming and pour 2 teaspoon of water over it. Mix gently when bubbles start forming in the batter.
- Pour the batter into greased idli moulds and steam till it is cooked for about 10 minutes.
- Serve fresh with sambar and coconut chutney.