Ever known a tree whose each and every part is extremely nutritious and nourishing?
Meet Moringa oleifera or popularly known as the Miracle Tree whose seeds, flowers, fruit and even bark is used for nutritional and pharmacological properties. The Tree embraces an unbelievable 90 plus nutrients and more than 46 antioxidants. It is a widely used Ayurvedic medicine since long.
Some incredible facts – A single serving of Moringa is approximately equal to 4 times the amount of calcium for the same quantity of milk; it has double the protein content and triple the amount of potassium in a banana, plenty of Vitamin C than found in 7 oranges; it has an incredible 25 times more Iron than Spinach and 4 times more Vitamin A than carrots.
Though Moringa is highly nutritious it should only be consumed in moderate quantity to get optimum health benefits.
Powerful benefits and medicinal uses of different parts of moringa tree are as follows:
Moringa leaves are one of the most powerful natural medicines that are rich in fibre, proteins, minerals and amino acids. Moringa leaves when consumed in moderate quantity helps in treating heart burn, joint pain and arthritis, diarrhoea, eye and ear infections. Due to its fat burning and slimming properties it can be consumed to shed those extra pounds as well.
- Normalizes blood sugar levels
- Improves digestion
- Controls blood pressure
- Strengthens immune system
- Enhances skin health
- Good for eye health
- Increased mental clarity
- Stimulates hair growth
- People suffering from Asthma are advised to have soup made by boiling a teaspoon of moringa leaves in 2 cups of water with salt, crushed black pepper and a few drops of lemon juice.
- To help relieve from cold, boil Moringa leaves in water and inhale its vapours.
- To reduce Blood pressure – soak a handful of drumstick leaves in warm water. After 30 mins drink this water.
- For Diabetes – take few drumstick leaves, wash and clean them to extract their juice. Now take 1/4th cup of this juice and drink it on empty stomach every morning. This would keep your sugar levels under control.
- For Anti-ageing – Drinking tea made of drumstick leaves or incorporating leaves in your regular diet rejuvenates skin and fights the onset of fine lines and wrinkles.
Obtained from the pods of the Moringa Oleifera or the drumstick tree, Moringa seeds come with multitude of health benefits.
- Regulate blood sugar levels
- Reduces joint pain
- Lowers cholesterol
- Promotes heart health
- Good for skin health
- High in fiber
- Improves sleep
Moringa seeds can be eaten along with meals or enjoyed as a snack in the evening. Whichever way you prefer, always make sure to consume just a few seeds at a time.
Considered as a delicacy around the world, Moringa Flowers come with several health benefits. They are rich sources of various nutriments including calcium and potassium.
- Cures common cold
- Treats urinary tract infections
- Aids weight loss
- Strengthens liver health
- Good for digestion
- Boosts immunity
For the benefits, it is recommended to drink moringa flower tea daily in moderate quantity.
The roots of the miracle tree embrace high nutrient quantities and have been used since long for their therapeutic properties.
- Relieves kidney and lower backpain
- Treats digestion problems
- Expectorant for lung diseases
- Treats articular and rheumatism pain
Similar to the roots, the bark of the moringa tree has antibiotic properties. It is widely used to treat everything from sexually transmitted diseases to gout and arthritis.
- Improves digestion
- Treats Arthritis and gout
- Used for circulatory and cardiac problems
There are a multitude of ways to add moringa in your daily diet and relish its incredible benefits. You can either use its leaves or flowers to cook or crush, store and use it as powder for months. Moringa leaves can be used as a replacement for spinach in many recipes as well. Having Moringa flower tea is also a good way to add it to your daily diet. However, always make sure that it’s only consumed in moderate quantity to get optimum health benefits.