Rejuvenation in Ayurveda
Rejuvenation Therapy in Ayurveda (Rasayana Chikitsa)
In today’s busy world health and healthcare have taken a backseat. With a busy schedule, people find it difficult to set time apart for their health. But one thing to keep in mind is that healthcare is essential and crucial. Without proper management and care your health condition can deteriorate, and it can be too late to rectify this by the time you find out. As a solution to this problem, we at Krishnendu have structured a well-planned ayurvedic rejuvenation program also known as Rasayana Chikitsa, for your health.
Rasayana is derived from two separate Sanskrit words: Rasa meaning the “basic essence that nourishes the body,” and Ayana signifying “path”. Thus, Rasayana represents a nourishing pathway. Rasayana Chikitsa is a holistic renewal treatment for treating nutrient deficiencies, with an emphasis on the constituent components of the body.
The rasayana chikitsa, or rejuvenation therapy is viewed equivalent to rebirth, for it totally renews the body, disposing of the ill-effects of every single past problem. Its purifying impact gives a renewed life by totally cleaning the body, mind and spirit.
Process of Rasayana Chikitsa
Rasayana is one of ayurveda’s eight branches being practised. Rasayana therapy has been described in Ayurveda as a systematic and scientific medical discipline. Rasayana medicines are capable of imparting superior rasas and dhatus to the body and toning up the system of healthy persons. Rasayana aid in increasing natural immunity, enhancing general wellbeing, improving the functioning of all fundamental organs of the body and keep the signs of early ageing at bay. The main purpose of Rasayana therapy is to impede the ageing process and to delay the degenerative process in the body. Rasayana is the term given to special herbs, fruits or any other form of medication that are known to promote positive health and longevity.
Rasayana chikitsa is not just an oral medication, there are many measures which are not medicines and still considered Rasayana. The two forms of rasayana are:
Dravya Rasayana: This includes Rasayana in the form of food and medicines. The medicines included under rasayana may be in the form of a single herb or formulations made up of many herbs.
Adravya Rasayana: Adravya Rasayanas are the ones not in food form, but still provide all the benefits. Activities of life and conducts of life which enhance comprehensive health and provide good immunity can be considered as Adravya Rasayana.
Benefits of Rasayana Chikitsa
- It enhances the intelligence, memory power, will power, body strength, skin lustre sweetness of voice and physical strength.
- It nourishes the blood, lymph, flesh, adipose tissue and semen and thus prevents chronic degenerative changes and illness.
- It gives freedom from chronic degenerative disorders like Arthritis and senile diseases.
- Rasayana is thought to improve metabolic processes, which results in the best possible biotransformation and produce the best-quality bodily tissues and eradicates senility and other diseases of old age.
- Helps to attain optimal physical strength and sharpness of sense organs.
- Rasayana which has marked action on reproductive organs and also nourishes Shukradhatu.
- Rasayana nourishes the whole body and improves natural resistance against infection by increasing Immunity power.
- Rasayana invigorates the body in general by sustaining the required balance between anabolism and catabolism.
- Rasayana Therapy which regulates the circulation of vital fluid and eliminates the waste materials, rejuvenates the nervous system and keep vigour and stamina.
- Prevents wasting of muscles, delays the ageing process, keeps strong bones, tendons etc.
- Prevents osteoporosis, improves whole body circulation, prevents greying of hair and provides good sleep and appetite.
- Rasayana Therapy keeps the body and mind pleasant.
Rasayana acts in different ways, it improves micro-circulation and thereby produces optimum quality tissues in the body. It also increases the strength of agni as well as prana and removes waste products from the body. It works as antioxidant, adaptogenic- anti-stress, anti-anxiety also. Many rasayana procedures and herbs or foods work acts as amphoteric, alteratives and tonics. Amphoteric herbs prepare a built-in buffer that helps the homeostasis in the body and alteratives help to normalize the physiology by gentle elimination process. Some types of rasayana work as bio purificatory as well as prolong the life span of the individual.