Nobody wants to get infected with the Coronavirus. But unfortunately if you do, it means that the next few weeks of your life are going to be hard. Your immune system is going to be weak, you’ll suffer from body pains, lethargy, and many other issues. Luckily, with timely care, and proper medication, you can bounce back healthy within two weeks or so depending on the severity of your symptoms.
Some of the after-effects that people with heavy symptoms usually face after being tested for the virus are:
- Loss of taste and smell
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle and joint pain
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Mental issues like confusion, forgetfulness, anxiety, etc.
Experts say that even though you have been tested negative after contracting the virus, it does not mean that you can go back to our regular routine. You still have to take good care of your body and mind, and make sure that you are completely rested and energetic before resuming all your activities. Don’t do things that can cause anxiety and stress. Instead, try to sleep as much as possible as that will only speed up the recovery procedure.
Post-Covid Treatments in Ayurveda
According to the AYUSH Ministry, these are some health guidelines that anyone who gets affected with Covid-19 can follow. Apart from this, the ministry has also mentioned some measures for people who are mildly symptomatic and asymptomatic and also includes people who are going through post-Covid-19 complications.
These are some guidelines that all people can follow at home:
- Take immunity boosting medicine, recommended by AYUSH
- Drink warm water throughout the day
- Indulge in pranayama and meditation, if your health permits
- Practice yoga asanas such as shashankasana, vakrasana, bhujangasana, and anilom-vilom to strengthen your lungs and boost immunity
- Add spices like cinnamon, pepper, cardamom, star anise and cloves to your meals. You can also include dried turmeric and dried ginger too.
- Amla juice or amla is one of the best things you can have to increase your immunity power. It is also a rich source of Vitamin C and aids digestion as well.
- Intake a properly balanced and prescribed diet
- Breathing exercises can be done as prescribed by the doctor
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol
As per Ayurveda, every irregularity or flaw that disrupts your body’s health is due to the imbalances of Vata, Pitta, and Kapha doshas. It is also due to the toxins that have become a part of your body. Therefore, Ayurveda focuses on restoring the balance of the doshas and healing the body, making it as healthy as it was before. Here are some Ayurvedic preparations recommended by Krishnendu to fasten your healing process.
- The Ayurvedic Panchakarma therapies, Vamana, Virechana, Niroohavasti, Nasya, and Anuvasanavasti, which allow the body to be cleansed and toxins removed, can be used.
- You can get other Ayurvedic treatments like an Abhyanga (full-body massage) or Swedan (whole body steaming). These treatments are suggested for detoxification.
- Chyawanprash: This helps in increasing your immune system and your respiratory system.
- Triphala: This helps in regulating the excess pitta in your body and eliminating all toxins as well.
- Ashwagandha: It is an adaptogen that enhances stamina and general well-being by assisting the body in adapting to various types of stress. It also strengthens and relaxes the neurological system.
- Shatavari: It can be used to increase the strength of the musculoskeletal system.
- Various yoga asanas can be practiced for boosting your immunity and strengthening your lungs. This can be done under the guidance of an experienced yoga practitioner.
- You can follow an Ayurvedic diet based on your prakriti. Also, stay away from fried and spicy foods.
It is essential that you ensure a strict diet and regimen for completely healing your mind and body after getting tested positive for Covid-19. There is no way that you can heal completely without maintaining a mind filled with positivity. Although there are a lot of other alternate treatments that can be used for relief, Ayurveda is also highly capable of providing the required care and necessities for healing well.