Are you following a strict, bland diet due to your thyroid condition? Well, there are wonder foods that are equally healthy yet tasty and pumpkin is one among them. Pumpkin, especially its seeds, is a rich source of zinc that can be consumed to balance out those zinc deficiencies in your body causing thyroid. Incorporating pumpkin seeds in diet is recommended for patients suffering from hypothyroidism as it contains tyrosine, an amino acid vital for the proper functioning of thyroid gland. From smoothies to salads and burger patties to pies, pumpkins make an excellent choice for maintaining your thyroid health and also stimulate weight loss.
Try this easy pumpkin soup recipe:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil or olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
1.2 litres vegetable stock
1 tablespoon tomato puree
Salt and black pepper, as required
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté onions for 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, ginger, chilli flakes, salt and pepper to it and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the stock and tomato puree. Bring it to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is soft.
- Using a food processor blend it until smooth.
- Garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Season and enjoy!