Having Varicose veins is painful, constant worry and also, unpleasant to look at. However, there are some natural ayurvedic home remedies you can take to decrease the discomfort that varicose veins can cause. These same measures can also help prevent or slow the development of varicose veins, as well.
1. Slice up 6 cloves of garlic and put them in a glass jar. Take the juice from three oranges and add it to the jar. Also add two tablespoons of olive oil. Let the mixture sit for about 12 hours. Then, massage the inflamed veins with the solution in a circular motion for 15 minutes. Wrap up the area with a cotton cloth and leave it on overnight. Repeat daily for several months.
2. Finely chop the cabbage leaves and add water to make a paste. Apply this to your varicose veins affected skin area. Take a linen cloth and wrap it around the paste. Leave this for a couple of hours and then wash off. Repeat 2-3 times a day.
3. Pineapple juice is known to have effective and curative powers on varicose veins. It has anti-inflammatory and healing powers. Drink one glass of fresh pineapple juice daily. The swelling in the veins will subside and you will get relief from the pain.
4. Being a very rich source of Vitamin C and bioflavonoids, Cayenne pepper increases blood circulation and eases the pain of congested, swollen veins. Add one teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder to a cup of hot water and stir it well. Drink this mixture three times a day for one or two months.
5. Take a teaspoon of chamomile powder and make a paste by adding a few drops of water. Apply this paste on the affected veins.
6. Take a handful of marigold petals and crush them to paste. Apply it on the veins and leave it overnight.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar is known to improve blood circulation. A simple remedy is to mix 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar into a glass of water, and drink these 2 times a day. You can also – apply undiluted apple cider vinegar on the skin over the varicose veins and gently massage the area to get relief.
8. Apply some castor oil to the skin around the varicose veins. Once applied, keep your legs elevated above your heart which will reduce the inflammation and help to soothe the region.