Many powerful energy points that connect to the brain and the rest of the body can be found in the head and the feet. Massaging your head and foot before you go to bed each day can be great for invoking relaxation and restoring the body’s balance. It ensures a calm and restful sleep each night, helping you wake up in the morning with renewed vigour, fully alert and well-rested.
The head is one of the most significant parts of the body. It comprises eight vital openings,namely- eyes, ears, nose,mouth and the crown of the head. It also encompasses a multitude of vitale energy points linking up to the brain and the mind.
- Heat oil up to a warm and comfortable temperature
- Take a tablespoon of oil and pour it onto the crown of the head. Massage oil onto either side
- Bend your head forward and pour oil along the back of your head where the hairline ends.
- Spread oil over the back of your head and massage it onto your neck and shoulders
- With gentle yet firm pressure, massage the entirety of your head in small circular motions. (Make sure that you massage with the tips of your fingers, not your nails)
- Leave it on for at least twenty minutes and cover your head to protect it from air and cold drafts.
The following are the few benefits of a good head massage
- Offers Deep Relaxation
- Releases Tension and Relieves Stress
- Strengthens Memory and Cognition
- Nourishes the hair,providing a lustrous shine
- Strengthens the nervous system
- Balances brain chemistry and the body’s hormones
Your foot is yet another part of your body that contains many energy points linked to different parts of the body. A foot massage is a great way to find daily relief and show your appreciation to this very deserving part of your body.
- Place a towel beneath your feet
- Pour a small amount of oil onto your palms and spread it over the top and bottom of your feet as well as your ankles and toes
- Massage the sole of your foot, in firm strokes using circular motions.
- Start with your big toe, simultaneously holding the base of your toenail and the underside of your toe with forefinger and thumb respectively. Massage from the base of each toe to the tip.
- Massage the length of the top of your foot. Make sure to press into the crevices between the bones
- Improves quality of sleep by instilling a deep sense of relaxation
- Stimulates all organs and bodily tissues
- Instills a sense of stability
- Relieves anxiety and tension
- Improves circulation to the lower half of the body
- Strengthens feet
- Offers relief from coarseness, fatigue and stiffness